Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound settings options gone

I’m experiencing the same issue. 

I have a Hisense tv and I was experiencing some issues with the tv. I reset the TV to factory settings and after the reset the audio on my sound system changed. Now I’m not able to switch the audio modes while watching Netflix and the sound it’s not at his optimal. 

it’s staying in sound mode normal doesn’t let me switch to any even if it’s a 4k movie 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound settings options gone

Hi @Sonoman1001,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems) Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) Can you please provide a photo of the issue that you're experiencing for reference?

In the meantime, please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound settings options gone

This topic looks like it's closely related to what I encountered on the Roku, "TV settings," menu for, "Sound mode." A new mode, "Auto (recommended)," has appeared at the top of the menu for, "Sound mode." By itself, that's fine with me, since it expands the number of choices. However, after some testing of this auto mode by comparing it to other menu selections, I find the auto mode NEVER picks the selections I actually use in various apps. Now that would also be fine if it weren't for one thing, which is that every time I go to reset, "Sound mode," to my preference, the cursor is PRESET to, "Auto (recommended)." This menu used to fly out with cursor already positioned at the currently active setting, NOT, "Auto (recommended)." While that may sound minor, it's another example of Roku trying to force its default choices on the rest of us. It's a (minor) irritation every time I reset this setting, which I do frequently. The old default cursor position at the currently active mode was less cumbersome, and more logical I think. I'll admit this is a minor (but frequent) irritant.

I suspect this is part of the same update that gave Sonoman1001 his problem above, so the two issues may be related. That is why I posted here. If moderators choose to move this post into another thread, that's fine.

0 Kudos