cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric820
Reel Rookie

Re: Sleep timer on tv doesn’t turn off speaker

Jump to solution

It has nothing to do with the sleep timer.

when I shut the TV off, the speaker remains on.

it worked the first few days then it started this problem.

Also the ear buds do not work.

Eric Weinstein 

0 Kudos
AMiller24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this problem on my TCL Roku Smart TV. It just suddenly began happening a couple of nights ago. Perhaps it is due to a software update? The TV is set to automatically update so I’m not sure when it last updated. 

0 Kudos
Burbs79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since we weren't getting answers here, I started a chat on my phone with Roku and I have a solution that worked for me!  Hopefully it will work for everyone else having this issue.

1) Turn off the screen reader option.  Home > Settings > Accessibility > Screen Reader > Off.  Mine was already on Off, but the chat told me to turn it On and then Off again.

2) Home > Settings > System > System/Software Update > Check Now.  Mine was already up to date, but if not, do the update.

3) Home > Settings > System > System Restart/Power > System Restart.

4) Home > Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Audio and video reset (I didn't have this, I think anyone with a Roku TV will have this and should complete this step.  I didn't complete it since I have a Samsung TV).

5) Unplug the Roku speaker/streambar from the TV and from the power outlet.  Unplug the HDMI cable and device.   Wait 30 seconds and pull it back again.  For those with Roku TV, the instructions were to unplug the Roku TV from the power outlet.  Wait 1 minute and plug it back again to a different power outlet.  I was using a power strip, so I plugged the power cord for the speaker to a different outlet too.

I completed these steps and my sound is now going off with the TV when the sleep timer goes off.  I hope it works for everyone else too!

MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I followed the steps but unfortunately, it didn't work for me. 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you experiencing with the sleep timer.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• settings that you have set for your sleep timer (screenshot would be most helpful so we can understand what you are seeing)
• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AMiller24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went though these steps on my TV and, unfortunately, it didn’t work. I ended up turning off the Fast Start option and that seemed to have fixed the issue. Hopefully they will fix this problem because I’d like to have the Fast Start enabled so I can Air Play from my iPhone. 

0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Streambar
M/N: 9102R
S/N: YL00FH073502
Software Version: 11.5.0 8 build 4312-95
Device ID: 2A12F073502

On my Samsung Series 5 TV, I simply go to settings, sleep timer, and select 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, my TV screen shuts off but the Roku Streambar keeps playing the audio.

I tried locating the tracker ID by following the steps you provided (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) however, that didn't produce any information on my Roku Streambar.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Streambar not turning off when your TV turns off with the use of a sleep timer.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to look into the issue you are experiencing with your Roku audio Streambar/Soundbar not turning off with the user of a sleep timer on your TV.

For clarification, how are you connecting your Roku audio product to your TV? Is the plugged into the HDMI (ARC) port or is it connected through the use of an optical cable?

Once we have this additional information, we will be able to pass it along for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku Streambar is connected to my Samsung TV with an HDMI cable.

0 Kudos