Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrue031

Should I buy an new one or factory reset if possible

Jump to solution

Moving back with parents and my old roku is still there but it has all my old accounts on there I want my new ones (change emails) so is there a new one from 2018 is it worth to use that and just see if I can factory reset or is there an update one with newer features. Also any tips on what one I should buy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Should I buy an new one or factory reset if possible

Jump to solution

The model number of the Roku device is the important thing.  You can find it written on the device or displayed under Settings->System->About.  If it's on this list under "Legacy models", then it's almost certainly worth getting a new one.  To link it to your new account you have to factory reset it, but you should do that if you're going to get rid of it anyway.  Before you do, make a note of the old device's current Roku account.  You can also find that under Settings->System->About.  Log into that account at https://my.roku.com and make sure you don't have any current subscriptions that are being paid through Roku.  Cancel them if you do.  Factory resetting a device won't close the old account, so if you're going to abandon the old account, you may want to close it.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Should I buy an new one or factory reset if possible

Jump to solution

The model number of the Roku device is the important thing.  You can find it written on the device or displayed under Settings->System->About.  If it's on this list under "Legacy models", then it's almost certainly worth getting a new one.  To link it to your new account you have to factory reset it, but you should do that if you're going to get rid of it anyway.  Before you do, make a note of the old device's current Roku account.  You can also find that under Settings->System->About.  Log into that account at https://my.roku.com and make sure you don't have any current subscriptions that are being paid through Roku.  Cancel them if you do.  Factory resetting a device won't close the old account, so if you're going to abandon the old account, you may want to close it.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.