Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iressler
Reel Rookie

Selling my TV to someone and need to virtually reset my TV so they do not have access to my apps

Jump to solution

I am selling my TV to someone this weekend who is picking it up from an apartment I am no longer living in. Since I am not there to physically sign out of each app I downloaded (YouTube TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc.) is there another way I can make sure the buyer won't be able to access my subscriptions?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Selling my TV to someone and need to virtually reset my TV so they do not have access to my apps

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. Removing it from your account should still prevent any access. Does someone have access to the TV? If so, they can do the reset. It's in Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset. You then type in a code shown on-screen.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Selling my TV to someone and need to virtually reset my TV so they do not have access to my apps

Jump to solution

Factory Reset the TV first. Then login to your account on the Roku website, and scroll down to the device list. Remove the TV.

0 Kudos
iressler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is there a way for me to factory reset without being in the same physical location as the TV? I am not in the same state as the TV so I can only reset virtually.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, no. Removing it from your account should still prevent any access. Does someone have access to the TV? If so, they can do the reset. It's in Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset. You then type in a code shown on-screen.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.