Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfer123
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

Quick update:

The Tracker ID number is 1K-204-351

Software 13.0.0 version 24061-ES

GC 11.4.29

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
TCL4

Si le falta

0 Kudos

Same issue I’m having. Tv has been wirelessly connect for a year and two months was watching tv on the 22nd turned the tv off. Got up went to work on the 23rd got home and the tv had a purple screen that had an error message about corrupt software and only option it gave me was to reset the tv. After the tv was reset that’s when the problem started. Tv needs to be activated but no wifi hardware so updating over wifi is an no go. Ran an 100’ Ethernet cord to the tv could not connect that way either. Tried updating with an usb and that didn’t fix the problem either. After several phone calls with Roku and Philips both want to kick the can down the road. 

Only fix I have found to get the tv to work again was to put the tv into recovery mode by holding the reset button down until the tv turns off then turns back on and plugging the tv in with Ethernet. Tv updated finally but still is missing the wifi hardware. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ReevesDishMan, there's no fix for the missing hardware problem short of taking the TV apart and trying to repair it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CE4Comma

I have had this problem several times.  I suspected that the issue was caused by nearby lightening.

I tried network reset, system restart from menu, system restart by physically unplugging the power cord.

I fixed it by doing a factory reset, not just a system restart.  

As for workarounds, the easiest thing to do would be buy another ROKU stick and put it in one of the HDMI ports.  Exact same experience, without the Wi-Fi issues.

CE

Hello it’s 2024 and Roku your tvs are still having this problem. I have reset everything, hard reset back to factory and still can’t get my tv to connect. What solution have you guys come up with because I want to watch tv

Paula mayo

#mad Roku tv owner

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.