Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bierolson
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

“WiFi Hardware missing”. That’s the key statement. It doesn’t matter what WiFi signal is present, If the hardware was present I would have a list to choose from. I tried reset, relocate, hotspot, hard reset. Had to use a cable to get it to bypass the WiFi. 

0 Kudos
Mattscott8

So, has Roku or anyone from Roku ever given a solution to this same problem that so many people with different smart TVs are all experiencing?

I don't think there would be any point in posting what TV I have, as this seems to happen to many different brands of RokuTV, but I will say I have done every reset possible several times over and it never worked.

However, I stopped using this TV for about 6 months because I was so frustrated about the problem, only to try it again recently and miraculously it worked for 2 whole days. Then all of sudden this afternoon, midway through an episode of a show, it stopped working and won't read a single network again. Why? What can I do? 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

you guys are going down the same list of troubleshooting suggestions and its getting all of us no where. instead of posting things to try repeatedly how about looking into real solutions or maybe come up with another update to correct the issue. i am livid as my 1 year old tv is no good without wifi... should we go legal with this since there is so many people affected by this? 

Frustrated351
Reel Rookie

After reading all the comments, and having bought my TV just yesterday, try all the things that is posted here. The TV is going to the store and get one that has no Roku.

Roku tv MAC address shows wifi hardware missing

“WiFi Hardware missing”. That’s the key statement. It doesn’t matter what WiFi signal is present, If the hardware was present I would have a list to choose from. I tried reset, relocate, hotspot, hard reset. My TV doesn't have Etherne spot.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Frustrated351, if you got a new TV that out of the box is giving the "Wi-Fi hardware missing" error, don't hesitate, take it back immediately.  You may just have received a dud or someone else's returned TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Frustrated351
Reel Rookie

@renojim  Actually The TV couldn't find any WI-FI network, but the MAC was 00000000000, I followed with what the TV prompted and it was to download the updated version of Roku, thats when it come up with the WI Fi hardware missing.

Update of the Roku TV, I went back to the store and changed to a smart TV without Roku, and is working wonderfully 

0 Kudos
Tony222
Reel Rookie

Hello. I have confirmed that my WiFi router absolutely still has 2.4 GHz. In fact there are other devices in my home that use 2.4. When I use the Roku I get a message saying the MAC address wifi hardware is missing. This has to be a result of an auto update to the Roku device. Is there a way to fix this or can I be reimbursed for the new Roku device that I had to buy? 

0 Kudos

Hey I need help my express+ roku has the same MAC problem I need to know how to fix it pls help me

0 Kudos
Clawson65
Binge Watcher

I had to buy a Roku as well but no reimbursement from Roku. They told me to buy a new TV. I've only had my TV a few years. Roku did some kind of update and won't admit to being at fault. Good luck on the reimbursement. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.