Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vomenbin

Roku stick or media player?

Jump to solution

I had a Roku media player connected to my tv in my garage and now it just will not connect or find my WiFi. I’ve had it for a few years and was thinking about trying the Roku stick. Should I get it or stick with the media player? Will buying a new one be able to connect to my WiFi router? Never had a problem before now. My tv out there is pretty old but it does have the HDMI port.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stick or media player?

Jump to solution

Welcome, @vomenbin.

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you inquiring about purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick. No worries. We're here to provide information regarding your inquiry.

The Roku Streaming Stick is a cutting-edge device developed by Roku. It is designed to seamlessly support the most up-to-date software version and offers a range of exciting new features to enhance your streaming experience. Roku Media Players, depending on the device model, are Roku's legacy devices, which no longer receive the latest software version of Roku. Regarding compatibility for TVs, as long as your TV has HDMI ports and you have an internet connection, you're ready to go.

You can check out the list of Roku Legacy Devices here.

image.png

Roku Streaming Sticks are currently available at our Official Roku Store:

image.png

Get to know more about our Roku Streaming Sticks and visit this support article: Getting to know your Roku Streaming Stick 4K or Streaming Stick 4K+.

Let us know if you have any other questions; our team is always ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stick or media player?

Jump to solution

Welcome, @vomenbin.

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you inquiring about purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick. No worries. We're here to provide information regarding your inquiry.

The Roku Streaming Stick is a cutting-edge device developed by Roku. It is designed to seamlessly support the most up-to-date software version and offers a range of exciting new features to enhance your streaming experience. Roku Media Players, depending on the device model, are Roku's legacy devices, which no longer receive the latest software version of Roku. Regarding compatibility for TVs, as long as your TV has HDMI ports and you have an internet connection, you're ready to go.

You can check out the list of Roku Legacy Devices here.

image.png

Roku Streaming Sticks are currently available at our Official Roku Store:

image.png

Get to know more about our Roku Streaming Sticks and visit this support article: Getting to know your Roku Streaming Stick 4K or Streaming Stick 4K+.

Let us know if you have any other questions; our team is always ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.