Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LZ15

Roku smart TV and Roku ‘live tv’

I have a Roku smart tv and I have successfully connected my satellite cable via the coaxial cable for more than 10+ years.  Yesterday Roku suddenly launched Roku ‘live tv’ and it’s overtaken my satellite input and now will only play ‘Roku live tv’.  When I work to remove the input to re-connect my satellite, it simply finds and re-activates the Roku ‘live tv’.  *note- using an hdmi cable is not an option

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku smart TV and Roku ‘live tv’

@LZ15

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Prior to this Live TV issue, how were you accessing your satellite cable?

With more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pammy369
Channel Surfer

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my Dish Network. I am connected via coax in the upstairs from the Dish receiver in the basement. Suddenly today, I went to streaming from the Dish satellite input and it went directly to the Roku live TV feed and won't open my satellite input. I restarted my 43s525 via unplugging, went right back to live tv.....restarted my Dish receiver, same response. I can't get channel 60 or 62, which are the channels to access Dish, it goes right to live tv channel 115. I then rebooted my Verizon modem and bingo, it showed channels 60 and 62. SO I opened up the satellite input and I was on Dish, only thing was my picture was out of size whether or not I tried changing from normal, stretch, etc. Then suddenly, it went back to channel 115 on live tv. So I rebooted my modem again, and it showed 60 and 62 for a moment then went back to channel 115 on live tv.

Any suggestions?

George

0 Kudos

I am unable to locate channel 60 or 62 in the channel lineup, which is the way I am able to watch my dish satellite channels on the roku tv.  I noticed there was a software update to the roku tv today and now suddenly I can't get the channels needed to connect to my dish network satellite.  I hope this gets resolved soon.  I have tried searching for channels, but those channels never appear on the channel lineup.  I can't watch my dish network channels without channels 60 or 62!!!

0 Kudos
Pammy369
Channel Surfer

At 9AM EST my 60 and 62 channels are back......DISH is connecting again...........HOWEVER......NOW...... I can not adjust picture size off my Roku remote.....there are no picture settings to adjust 'normal, zoom, etc. I can adjust from my DISH remote but can't adjust the settings in the Roku TV as they aren't showing any more. There are new settings for picture but nothing to adjust picture size.

0 Kudos
Disarm1933

You can try to use your dish control to adjust the picture size. 

0 Kudos
Pammy369
Channel Surfer

Nope......the way it works is you set the Dish receiver to, let's say 'normal'.....then you match the Roku Tv to the same or different, through the Roku remote. The picture size function is gone form the Roku TV settings menu, it was there previously. It went away before, during another one of their infamous updates.

Right now I have about 5 inches of black on either side of what is displayed and can not fill the screen.

0 Kudos