Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku select FHD Power requirements

I am trying to determine the power requirements for a 40" Roku Select Series FHD TV. I bought it in the US (120V 60hz) and moved to south Japan which is a 100V 60hz power grid. Does anyone know the manufacturers stated power range? (i.e. 100-220V 50/60hz)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku select FHD Power requirements

Hi @Maliciousmonk,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Kindly check the back of your Roku TV or in the box. There should be an indicator as to how much voltage is required. Also, the mains power in America is 125V while in Japan it is 100V. The voltage difference will likely not be a problem, the wildcard is the Alternate Current frequency: in America its cycle is 60Hz, and in Japan it is both 50 and 60Hz depending on your location. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but just a travel adaptor, because Japan operates on a 100V supply voltage, which is within the 100-240V range that the dual voltage appliance operates on. When comparing Japanese outlets vs US outlets, the two are almost identical. 

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.