Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theonekels

Roku randomly goes to apple screen app

My Roku device randomly goes the the apple app screen. I have never used and do not have the apple app. The device will also black out but you can still hear the show sound. I can’t even use the remote when either of the above scenarios occur. I have to completely unplug the device from behind my tv.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku randomly goes to apple screen app

Your remote could be malfunctioning.  Try removing the batteries (assuming it's not rechargeable) and using the mobile app as a remote to determine if the remote is the problem.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku randomly goes to apple screen app

Hi, @Theonekels 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern here with us, and we're here to assist you in addressing the issue you've encountered with App Screen app that randomly appears on your screen. Let's perform the troubleshooting step provided below.

System restart your device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Once this has been performed, it will reboot your Roku device and should clear up the issue. Additionally, you can check for available updates on your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

We encourage for you to check if the issue has been resolved after performing these steps. Let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.