Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susette
Reel Rookie

Roku on IPad automatically connected me to my Roku living room tv.

Roku on IPad automatically connects me to my Roku living room tv. I want to watch on iPad seperately sometimes. How do I fix?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku on IPad automatically connected me to my Roku living room tv.

The only thing you can watch on a phone or tablet via the app is "The Roku Channel".  Is that what you're trying to do?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Susette
Reel Rookie

No… I thought I would be able to watch any shows on the apps included/downloaded on Roku or the apps I had paid for through the Roku app.

so I can only watch shows on my Roku apps on the TV with the Roku box? That seems counterproductive to getting the subscription if you can’t watch it on your phone/iPad?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Roku apps (or "channels" as Roku calls them so as to confuse people) only work on Roku devices.  If you subscribe to something through Roku, you can often only use that subscription on a Roku device.  It's generally better to subscribe directly with a provider and then you can use that subscription on any device you like.  Most providers have apps for Android, iOS, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.