Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tunoktu5

Roku is playing what ever ad is on the screen when you turn the tv on

Just replaced a tv and plugged the roku in set up the tv control with the roku voice remote, now if i turn the tv on it automatically starts playing whatever add is in the bottom left corner of the home screen. No roku i dont want to watch UFO Cowboys. And the turn off ad from secret menu 2 doesnt seem to exist anymore. Any idea how to fix this, hopefully with where i can keep it with one remote for simplicity for my parents who wpuld have problems with 2 remotes

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku is playing what ever ad is on the screen when you turn the tv on

@tunoktu5 

The lower left ad should only play the content (or launch the channel/app) if you press the Play/Pause button on your remote.

Additionally, the lower left ad is usually temporary and will come and go so not always there. (However, they are appearing more than they used to).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.