Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iyana

Roku Tv Wont Stay Signed In

My TCL Roku tv will not stay signed in with my cable provider for the channels like TLC Go, Peacock was also doing it for a while etc. These are channels we get free through out cable and while im watching it will literally sign me out and say i have to go back to the activation code and sign in all over again with Xfinity. Ive had this tv for over a year and its been doing this and freezing and shutting off and restarting on its own so at this point if it keeps happening i definitely will need someone to send me a whole new tv cause i didn’t pay for a tv that doesn’t work and i have to keep signing in to watch stuff and it shuts off when it wants in the middle of me watching stuff. So wat needs to be done to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Tv Wont Stay Signed In

@Iyana

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channels will sometimes require you to re-authenticate the channel with your credentials to ensure that you are an authorized user.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DerAglk

Hey!

Dust can build up by the air vents. What worked for me is blowing through the vent and knocking the dust off the power supply area. 
Hope that works for you!

Was hesitant at first but tried blowing through the vent and dusted off the power supply - and it worked! No random app sign-outs or TV turning off since I did this. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Davidmonda

I have removed the channels and re-installed them many times and have to authenticate every time I try to watch many of the channels. Xfinity states that this is a Roku issue??

Eliz85
Reel Rookie

Did u find out what’s the issue?

0 Kudos
pmb1

Have concluded this is not my problem as it is a relatively new tv. What else could it be? I have 3 other TVs and none of them have this problem. 

0 Kudos