Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scrubber
Reel Rookie

Roku TV updated to OS 11.0 and GPT partitioned drives don't work

3 days ago updated my Roku Hitachi TV to v. 11.0.0.0 (build 4157).  Now my GPT partitioned drives won't work.  This is a major issue as I have media files over 4 gigabytes.  I reformatted one to MBR partitioned and those work but there is a 4GB limit on those devices.  If someone inside Roku actually monitors these posts and passes along the information, it would be helpful.  Thank you.   Is it possible to roll back to an earlier version and not auto-update?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV updated to OS 11.0 and GPT partitioned drives don't work

@Scrubber 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scrubber
Reel Rookie

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model 6404X - 65R8
serial number YW00DV151748
device ID 7X900D151748
software OS/version 11.0.0 build 4161-33
-------------
Access Roku Media Player with USB media installed with GPT partition, media is unrecognized. with MBR partition the media is recognized.
MBR partitions do not allow >4GB file sizes, GPT partitions do allow >4 GB file sizes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Scrubber 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scrubber
Reel Rookie

THank you!  Its working now  🙂

0 Kudos
Mad-man

Please closing the question for the 100 people who come after you

IT WAS FIXED HOW  ??

I'm confident GPT is the broken part but also am not confident NTFS is supported. 

thanks

0 Kudos