Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheila4

Roku TV’s kicking me out of streaming channels and back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

The system’s reset does not work. All my apps were being kicked off. I even tried removing the apps and reinstalling them. That didn’t work either. I unplugged my tv for a while and so far that has worked. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV’s kicking me out of streaming channels and back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Sheila4 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you sharing this information with us. Regarding the issue you've encountered with your Roku TV streaming channels kicking you back to the Home Screen, the troubleshooting step you performed is one effective solution to resolve the issue. This will help users here in the Roku Community find the solution that will resolve the problems related to the issue at hand.

For the general public's information, the troubleshooting step to completely restart a Roku TV is to unplug the Roku TV from its power source for 1-minute, and plug it again once more. After it has booted, it should solve the issue related to streaming channels kicking back to the Home Screen.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, feel free to reach out to us. We're here to assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Sheila4 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you sharing this information with us. Regarding the issue you've encountered with your Roku TV streaming channels kicking you back to the Home Screen, the troubleshooting step you performed is one effective solution to resolve the issue. This will help users here in the Roku Community find the solution that will resolve the problems related to the issue at hand.

For the general public's information, the troubleshooting step to completely restart a Roku TV is to unplug the Roku TV from its power source for 1-minute, and plug it again once more. After it has booted, it should solve the issue related to streaming channels kicking back to the Home Screen.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, feel free to reach out to us. We're here to assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tbarrett1

Jump to solution

I performed all of the steps laid out in the comments.  In addition, I was on the phone with a representative from Technical Support.  None of these steps resolved the issues I had with applications closing and going back to the home screen.  I thought it was a good idea when I purchased the TV, but this issue has been going on for 8 weeks.  I went back and purchased a Samsung which was the right move.  The only options are to have the Roku TV serviced or send a new Roku TV out.  That did not work for me.  I have cancelled my subscription and will be cancelling my account after 15 years with Roku.  Such a shame. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.