Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farbod90
Reel Rookie

Roku TV not updating and not searching for wifi networks

Hi I have a TCL Roku TV and it needs an update but my wifi is not connected so when i go to find networks nothing shows up and when you try to scan again it shows the trying to scan screen for like a millisecond and it just doesnt show any networks so it cant update.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV not updating and not searching for wifi networks

If you go to Settings->Network->About is the MAC address all zeros or is there a "hardware missing" message?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Farbod90
Reel Rookie

Hey, as it is trying to update, I do not think I can access that information. Thank you for the response.

0 Kudos
Farbod90
Reel Rookie

Nevermind, just found the MAC address. It is not all zeroes.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Farbod90, that's a good sign.  So when you scan for Wi-Fi networks it doesn't show any?  That's not such a good sign unless you live in the middle of nowhere.  Does your phone have a hotspot that you can enable to see if that shows up in the scan?  If possible, try setting it to both a 5GHz channel and then a 2.4GHz channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.