Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iTim

Roku TV local channel apps (AUSTRALIA)

Hi all,

I am about to purchase 2 new TV's for my elderly mother, which is why I am leaning towards Ruku for user-friendliness.

However, from my research it appears not all local Australian networks have apps for the Roku TV's (not the Telstra boxes...)

From what I can tell, only: 7Plus + 9Now are supported.

However no apps exist for: SBS on demand, ABC iView, + 10 play...

Is anybody able to confirm or deny this?

Many thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV local channel apps (AUSTRALIA)

Hi @iTim,

Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that the availability of content on the Roku channel varies depending on your region. A Roku device will work in any location. However, some channels and services may be unavailable on the Roku platform in your location. Netflix and YouTube work just about anywhere. However, other streaming channels may have geo-restrictions that don't allow them to be offered or streamed in those locations.

You'd need to directly contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further and request additional information. Channel providers control and maintain their content on the Roku platform.

We're always looking to expand our presence, and we appreciate you reaching out to share your interest!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos