Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bs0755
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Power ExternalSupply?

Jump to solution

Hi:

I am considering a Roku TV and I am having difficulty finding out if they have external "brick' power supplies.  I would prefer a standard plug to make it easier use a fixed wall mount bracket.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV Power ExternalSupply?

Jump to solution

I knew what you meant.  I can't say for certain, but I haven't seen any Roku TV from any manufacturer that uses anything other than the "figure 8" power cord like this:

powercord.jpgNot that I've seen many of the myriad of manufacturers, but I've seen a few.  It's possible that there's one out there, but there's a lot more that use the standard power cord.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

I don't believe any of the many models from the many manufacturers uses an external power supply.

bs0755
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Maybe I am using the wrong terminology--I am referring to the wall wart/AC adapter.  I have a few TVs that now use these.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I knew what you meant.  I can't say for certain, but I haven't seen any Roku TV from any manufacturer that uses anything other than the "figure 8" power cord like this:

powercord.jpgNot that I've seen many of the myriad of manufacturers, but I've seen a few.  It's possible that there's one out there, but there's a lot more that use the standard power cord.

bs0755
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perfect--Thanks!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.