Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanniehead
Reel Rookie

Roku TV- Possible update issue since May/June 2024

For about a month or so, when I turn off my TV, the next day it's not connected to the internet.  I'm not a techy so I apologize if I'm not making sense.  My Roku TV is connected to Alexa's Roku skill.  At night, I tell her to turn off the TV.  The next day, I ask her to turn it on.  She says it's not responding and won't turn on.  I power on with the remote and find I'm not connected to the internet.  I try to set up the connection and it just shows that spinning circle.  If I unplug it, it automatically connects to the internet and Alexa can once again turn it on and off.  Until it's been off overnight.  When I say off, I mean it's on standby with the light on the front of the tv. I've done everything suggested everywhere like reset my router, restart the TV thru the restart option on the TV, reset the network connection on the TV.  I have a WiFi extender so I tried connecting without it.  Etc.  Many, many, many, many times.  I even disabled and reset up the Alexa skill.  Everywhere I go to try to find a solution to this problem, it tells me to do the reset router, restart TV, reset network connection thing.  None of those work.  I recently read it had to do with some update where you had to first push a button on the remote to 'wake up' the TV.  That did nothing.  It has been suggested that a factory reset might work, but it has also been stated that it will not work.  So I was looking for a fix before I go thru that nightmare.  All of this started after I think I saw a blip on the tv about being updated but I'm not sure about that.  I haven't seen anyone who posted my exact problem but was wondering if anyone has a solution.  I have a TCL Roku TV that I purchased on Amazon toward the end of 2021.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV- Possible update issue since May/June 2024

The only thing I can think of to try that you haven't mentioned (other than a factory reset that I can't blame you for avoiding) is "Fast TV start" under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nanniehead
Reel Rookie

That is turned on.  Should I turn it off?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It wouldn't hurt to try it, but "on" is what I was thinking might help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nanniehead
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your help.  FYI just cuz I find it funny...I did a factory reset last night and asked Alexa just now to turn on Roku.  The Roku did turn on but Alexa said it wasn't responding???  What the heck!  I'm known in my family for having the weirdest stuff happen with my electronics.  Again, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
oldsl76

I factory reset my TCL/Roku tv too, installed the skill on Alexa and it still won't turn my tv on or off. The TV simply says "Something went wrong, try again." Annoying

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.