Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GalVinTron
Reel Rookie

Re: Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

nah, I definitely missed you saying as such or I wouldn't of suggested it.

What got me looking into work arounds on a Roku smart tv. Is that my family downstairs lost their remotes. So they use a phone app. Long story short it messes with my TV something wickedly annoying. So behind two doord, and a floor lol. I read it's something to do with being on the same ISP and router.

0 Kudos
almo247
Reel Rookie

I just went to settings, network and test connection. Test successful and light stopped blinking.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but you're allowing it access to your network. Roku wont allow me to post why I think this is a bad idea. Research who owns TCL

0 Kudos
kevincox

There is an option just reset network settings as well. It takes a silly long time for the TV to restart a bunch but at least it doesn't wipe your settings. I can confirm that this removes the blinking.

0 Kudos
Jbd2020
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

How could that be so? Bc the WiFi is working fine enough to watch tv yet the blinking red light still blinks. 
In my opinion, something else is going on.... for this red flashing light to blink for as long as my tv is on makes no sense. What is it indicating? Bad WiFi... no bc I’m having no issues watching tv. Can there be some odd program running or a remote/device trying to connect or pair or hook up to  the tv??? 

Jbd2020
Reel Rookie

I’ve had my tv on all day and yesterday (when I first noticed it) and I have had no WiFi issues and all I’m doing is watching a Roku channel like I always do. It has to mean something else bc I have perfect connection and having to factory reset or what not... is not answering the question why it’s blinking in the first place.  This literallly sounds like some major top high level secret **bleep** no one wants to provide an answer to for some reason. I want to know WHY it’s blinking then I’ll figure out how it turns off. Bc if someone is trying stream on into my wifi and start watching me thru the infrared receiver ....that’s not some big time top secret stuff either. It goes on

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a factory reset, and then skip wifi setup for now, and see if it stops blinking. If it does, the problem is with your wifi. I disabled wifi and hooked it up to a media pc via hdmi and i still have occasional issues with it, but never the blinky light

0 Kudos
Jbd2020
Reel Rookie

that’s insane..... ummmm holy bleeppppppp

i literally am opposed to anything WiFi. If I had cable I would not be using a smart tv.  I watch my back tho, pretty much with anything that has a “receiver”.  Wired or not. The capabilities are endless. And scary to no end. Remember the wii....? That right there should tell us a little something. A WiFi lock on my front door or garage door access sureeee come on in while your at it...,!

0 Kudos
Golden1954

You’ve lost your WiFi connection to the tv. Settings / Network / set up connection / Select your WiFi Network / Enter WiFi password / select Connect. Mine connected and the blinking light went off.

0 Kudos
randy_la

How to turn it OFF (secret menu)

I found what seems to be a foolproof way to turn the light OFF. It was driving me nuts, and I found it obtrusive, even while watching a movie (w/o it blinking, but it was persistently on). The light only comes on when pushing a button on the remote, and it is very dim. But it is off, as long as you are not pushing a button. I'm not sure if it will faintly blink when losing its WiFi connection, as I haven't tried that.

"On your Roku remote hit follow the sequence: home button (5x), FF, Play, Rewind, Play, FF - this gets you into a secret menu. Choose adjust LED brightness and you can reduce the white LED light to 0%. :-)"

This is under System Operations Menu->Display Menu->LED Brightness Menu

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/265116/How+do+I+turn+off+the+front+panel+LED+light