Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vvv

Re: Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

I’m having this same problem - double blink every two seconds. This occurs whenever I’m streaming - prime, Hulu, YouTube. It happens on every app. I only bought this tv because of the Roku functionality so disabling network options is not an option. I’d also prefer to not have to periodically do a factory reset and lose all my logins. Anyone find any other options? I can’t even find a explanation from TCL on this light pattern.

Anonymous
Not applicable

[post edited] but just to be on the safe side I decided to cut off my TV's WiFi via factory reset and change my WiFi password. Its really disappointing that factory reset and not setting up the internet is the only way to prevent the infernal blinking at the bottom of the TV. Initially, after changing my WiFi password I tried simply covering it up with duct-tape, but I soon found out that the IR sensor which allows the remote to work is hidden inside the blinky bit. Sneaky little devils... Ultimately, however, I was victorious. 

0 Kudos
Djkope

Re: Roku TV Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

I had the same problem myself, and didnt wanna do a factory reset and lose all my apps and settings, so I simply unplugged my tv and let it set for about 30 seconds. Low and behold, it worked! Light is no longer flashing! Woo hoo!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good. Now if only I could figure out how to turn the TV all the way off. There's settings in the menu to 'not' do a fast boot, but even still the TV goes to a super low dim instead of all the way off.

0 Kudos
Tryagain1

The flashing continues anyone else got any suggestions

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The flashing occurs because your wifi isn't connecting. Either give the TV access to your wifi or factory reset it and skip the wifi setup. You could try to block the light but the ir sensor is hidden inside it so if you cover it up your remote will stop working.

0 Kudos
JM3

Hit HOME on your Roku remote

Then go to SETTINGS

Scroll down to SYSTEM

Go to POWER

The select System Restart

The action does not return your TV settings to factory default however it does turn off the TV standy light at the bottom frame of your TV

GalVinTron
Reel Rookie

It annoys me at times also, and I can be **bleep** about little things. But did you ever think to put a piece of electrical tape over it? Small so not noticable.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, didn't you read where I mentioned I put tape over it? The IR remote sensor is where the blinking light is. They don't want you covering that blinking light, they want you connected to wifi. In fact, you have to factory reset or change your wifi password in order to prevent your tv future access which I have done. I hooked up to a media pc via hdmi and purchased a media pc remote and all is well.

david5

This is ridiculous. The blinking light is super-annoying, and there is no way to turn it off. TCL really needs to fix this, as your eyes are constantly drawn to the blinking light, and all I am trying to do is watch TV !