Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilJo
Reel Rookie

Roku TCL TV no longer recognizing/connecting with Yamaha soundbar, after three years.

For over three years, the (at that time) new TCL Roku TV and Yamaha YAS-209 soundbar with woofer worked perfectly together. Two weeks ago, the sound out of the soundbar, especially voices, became very faint, forcing me to turn the volume up to the 80s or more to hear. In order to try to fix this, I reset the soundbar the other day, and every since the TV cannot even detect the soundbar although it is still attached via an HDMI cable to the same ARC ports.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TCL TV no longer recognizing/connecting with Yamaha soundbar, after three years.

Can you try the soundbar on another TV?  There's no way to tell if it's the soundbar or the TV.  Likewise, do you have another soundbar that you can try on the TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
NeilJo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL TV no longer recognizing/connecting with Yamaha soundbar, after three years.

Update: I bought a new soundbar speaker (Vizio), and the TCL Roku TV recognized it immediately. Therefore, after 3.5 years, my $300 Yamaha soundbar with wireless subwoofer (YAS-209) stopped working, likely per a set "death clock" by the manufacturer.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.