Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL 4K HDR TV update 12.0 now charging for Roku Live Guide plus lost all my QAM channels

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community in regards to the issue you are experiencing with the Live TV guide.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to check if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to investigate further should the issue persist.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ikagirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL 4K HDR TV update 12.0 now charging for Roku Live Guide plus lost all my QAM channels

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Just checked it (sorry for not doing this earlier, but we work overnights). Seems to be working OK now, thank you. The 2000 channel prompt is gone. But what about that guide charge notice, was that in error?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The guide charge notice was only for Premium channels. When the channel outage hit the only channels available were Premium thus it was prompting to pick a payment plan. All is back to normal now with hundreds of free guide channels to watch. 😀

0 Kudos
Tbraffom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will work for you, but I discovered the same issue last night. TV worked perfectly the evening before; when I turned it on last night, all my antenna channels were “hidden”. Tried unplugging multiple times, as well as a “system restart”…neither worked.. I was getting extremely frustrated.  Mine is a Roku TV, not the plug In device. Just happened to muddle my way through a fix.  go to Home->Settings->TV inputs->TV tuner->Manage channels. Here, I had to scroll right(right arrow) and click “Hide Streaming Channels”. All was fine after I did this. I didn’t change this setting before, as I had no idea it was even there.  So I feel like Roku pushed something down the line.  

0 Kudos
Tbraffom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I discovered the same issue last night. TV worked perfectly the evening before; when I turned it on last night, all my antenna channels were “hidden”. Tried unplugging multiple times, as well as a “system restart”…neither worked.. I was getting extremely frustrated.  Mine is a Roku TV, not the plug In device. Just happened to muddle my way through a fix.  go to Home->Settings->TV inputs->TV tuner->Manage channels. Here, I had to scroll right(right arrow) and click “Hide Streaming Channels”. All was fine after I did this. I didn’t change this setting before, as I had no idea it was even there.  So I feel like Roku pushed something down the line. Hope this works for you. 

0 Kudos
GrimmWolf

Jump to solution

I got a Roku Sharp TV Since update 12 every time I go to TV input to watch broadcast TV the channel guide pops up before the tv channel it is very annoying also the the roku image ad on home screen when not connected online is of poor image quality now. all so originally when going to the broadcast antenna TV input the input would show what was on in the input image now it takes almost 60 seconds or more and when selecting the TV input the volume cuts out and does not start back up till TV show starts playing the TV never used to do that even after update 11.5 . Used to be you select the TV input the channel would start playing in the input image right away then when entering the TV input would also be right away both audio an video now there is delay and channel guide poping up as you enter TV input to watch TV and its nonsense.

0 Kudos
GrimmWolf

Jump to solution

Also it seems every update since update 9.4 seem to always mess up the TV input 

GrimmWolf

Jump to solution

Wish roku would stop putting out bad updates that always mess up the TVs. I know one thing I will never buy another Roku TV ever again they are lemons and the lemon law should apply to them 

0 Kudos
LJ1200

Jump to solution

This issue is not resolved. It is still happening to me today. I have 2 Roku TVs and I continue to lose my local antenna channels.  If I am having the problem on one of them, I can turn the other TV on, and it also does not work. The channels may come back on their own or I can get them back by scanning, but if I turn the TV off, they may go away again. They may go away again if I choose the live tv app without even turning off the TV.  I have had these TVs for years and have never had these problems so this is obviously a software bug. Please tell me how to fix it or how to go back to a previous version.

0 Kudos