Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT2744
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar - Incompatible Video Signal

I have the same issue with my Roku Streambar and Sony Bravia TV (1080p) which have been working fine together for well over a year, but recently I turned them both off for about a week while away on vacation, and now the TV doesnt recognise the Roku video signal.  When starting the Roku, the bouncing Roku flash screen comes up on the TV, but then it goes blank and I get the unrecognised signal message, but when pressing the remote buttons I can hear the audio coming through the streambar, I just cant see the content on the TV.  I tried connecting the Roku to 3 different HDMI ports on the TV, but still get the unrecognised video signal message.  I then factory reset the TV, no change, I reset the Roku, again no change.  I then connected my laptop to the TV using the same HDMI cable that the Roku used and it worked fine with no issue, screen mirroring the laptop perfectly, so I know the TV works with a different HDMI source. Then I tried the opposite and connected the Roku Streambar to a small Samsung HD monitor, and this worked fine. Now I could see the Roku, I tried changing the video settings in the Roku to 720p and 1080p, and the disconnected the HDMI cable from the Samsung and plugged it back into Sony Bravia, but this made no difference, and I still got the unrecognised signal message.  So the TV works with HDMI content from other devices, and the Roku works when connected to another monitor, but they dont want to talk to each other.  I dont know what else to try, any suggestions?  Thanks     

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar - Incompatible Video Signal

@JT2744

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku Steambar or using another HDMI input on your TV to see if that resolves the issue?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JT2744
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, yes I have tried switching the HDMI cable and plugging the roku into all 3 HDMI sockets on the TV, but I still get the same incompatible video message each time.

Details from the back of Roku are shown below: 

Model: 9102X FCC ID: TC2-R1038 IC ID: 5959A-R1035 SN: 2E1082947322 

0 Kudos
Rfhodges56

I had the same issue with a Sanyo tv that worked fine for 4 years; then one day it hard me reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the screen went blank after the “bouncing” ROKU was on for a few seconds.  I could hear the noises when clicking the remote buttons, but the screen was blank.

Any solution?

rfhodges56@gmail.com

0 Kudos