Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wll

Roku Soundbar freezing screen, other issues - unable to reach support

Roku soundbar purchased in late November.  After using successfully for about two weeks, I started having several different issues with the soundbar - which I am also using to stream in addition to sound.  The soundbar will often distort the screen and there is nothing to do but unplug for many hours and then try again.  I also perform a system restart daily to try to avoid but it only works for a day or two.  In addition, it will freeze the screen a lot during watching.  When I switch to my Roku TV to stream I do not have this freezing issue.  My wifi performs well, it isn't the issue.  I've tried many different HDMI cables so that isn't the issue either.

I also had the roku wireless speakers but they drop the connection so much I've decided to scrap them.

I have tried to contact support directly but the submission form doesn't actually allow submission.

Anyone else had any success with the soundbar while also using it to stream?

13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar freezing screen, other issues - unable to reach support

@wll 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hieglbug

We are having the same issue with ours!! What is the fix?

0 Kudos
Balu88

We are having the same problem with the roku soundbar blast

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hieglbug @Balu88 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PDudley
Reel Rookie

I’m about to take mine back to Best Buy for the exact same reason. Worked flawlessly the first several weeks and now it’s junk. Constantly freezing and I consistently get over 400 Mbps on internet so it’s not a speed issue. I can stream from my iPhone to my smart TV and have zero issues but I am not happy.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PDudley

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can try to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PDudley
Reel Rookie

Model 9101X Serial #YL00CF950920

Thank you

Price Dudley

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PDudley

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
karenlkirby
Reel Rookie

I have this issue as well. It's just a great big freezing machine. Terrible product.

0 Kudos