Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinurmato

Roku Smart TV Question ( roku )

This past Christmas, my mother got my grandmother a new Roku Smart TV to replace her old Smart TV. However, with her previous Smart TV, she never went on anything other than the cable box however with the Roku TV, when it is turned on, it will show all the apps from the Cable Box, Disney+, HBO, etc.

My question is there a way for when the TV is turned on, that it automatically goes or starts on the Cable box instead of showing all the apps and what not?

My grandmother has cognitive memory problems, so telling her something, will be forgotten in less than 5 mins. I mean, she checks the mail at least 7-9 times a day and even on Sunday.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Smart TV Question ( roku )

I'm going to assume that when you say "apps from the Cable Box" you're seeing the Roku Home Screen with its apps (or "channels" as Roku refers to them).  Go into Settings->System->Power->Power on and select the input for the cable box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos