Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnnyblu
Reel Rookie

Roku Pro Series TV and Roku Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about upgrading my TV sometime in the future, I would be going from a Samsung (UN55MU6500FXZA) to the Roku Pro Series tv and I am wondering if it would connect and work well with my Roku Streambar Pro (9101R2)?

I have read online that there are setup issues with Roku TV and soundbars and I want to be 100% sure it will be worth the time and investment.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Pro Series TV and Roku Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Johnnyblu!

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to provide further information about setting up your Roku Streambar Pro to a Roku Pro Series.

Firstly, please be informed that the Roku Pro Series and Roku Streambar Pro have the same operating system for streaming. If you want to use the streambar as a speaker, you may plug it into Digital audio output (optical). 

You may check this support article dedicated to this: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Johnnyblu!

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to provide further information about setting up your Roku Streambar Pro to a Roku Pro Series.

Firstly, please be informed that the Roku Pro Series and Roku Streambar Pro have the same operating system for streaming. If you want to use the streambar as a speaker, you may plug it into Digital audio output (optical). 

You may check this support article dedicated to this: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Johnnyblu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuCarly 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question on using a Streambar Pro with a Pro Series TV.

I will probably use the future TV as the main streaming source for its features so making the Streambar a main speaker piece.

Again Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

No worries at all, @Johnnyblu!

I appreciate your kind words. Feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance, or you can visit our support website for additional help. 

Roku Support Website

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.