Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bginfl
Channel Surfer

Roku Branded 24" TV - apple Homekit disconnects

Jump to solution

I bought a new ROKU 24" TV (made by ROKU) for the kitchen and set it up connected to Apple home kit and it worked a few days but then stopped responding so I went through the steps again it worked a few days and stopped.  I then did a complete factory reset and the same result it will respond for a few days by turning on and off but then stops.  I have a few other cheap Roku TV's in the house that are TCL and they work fine with Homekit.  anyone with similar experience and know if there is a fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU 24"apple Homekit disconnects

Jump to solution

Hi @bginfl 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your new Roku Branded TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you so we can get you back up and streaming as soon as possible. Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will reach out and follow up with you to assist further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU 24"apple Homekit disconnects

Jump to solution

Hi @bginfl 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your new Roku Branded TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you so we can get you back up and streaming as soon as possible. Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will reach out and follow up with you to assist further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjbu
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Branded 24" TV - apple Homekit disconnects

Jump to solution

I have the exact same brand 24" ROKU TV (24R2A5R) and exact same issue. I've had both phone and chat sessions with ROKU and they are not yet acknowledging HomeKit app disconnecting from the ROKU as a problem. Could it be that the Roku TV needs to be turned on first? Could it have something to do with Fast Start? I have followed all of their directions at least three times to reset the systems. I don't know but can only guess it is a buggy collaboration. It's working at the moment but I'm afraid it will disconnect with a mind of its own. For me, the whole point of getting a ROKU Tv was its compatibility with Apple HomeKit. I was planning on getting a ROKU Soundbar but am reluctant to make that investment until this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @mjbu 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding using Homekit with your brand new Roku branded TV. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjbu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I added the ROKU Streambar and the system runs as it is supposed to with Apple Homekit. 

0 Kudos