Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddyzmom
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my volume go up to 100% when I pick up the remote?

What is the work around if I have a sound bar connected to my tv?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eddyzmom

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku Soundbar? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? If you remove the batteries from the Roku remote, does the issue persist?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eddyzmom
Reel Rookie

My tv is hooked up to an external speaker, when I switch over to watch Roku, the volume goes up to 100% through the speaker and I can do nothing but turn it (the speaker) off, then I have no sound for Roku. The only work around I have found it to let the sound come thru the Roku app on my phone (using the earphones button). I find it hard to believe that there isn’t another solution to this problem. I recently replaced my outdated Roku with a new model. I have used Roku for years and never experienced this problem. WHY can I not have a speaker hooked up to my Samsung TV?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eddyzmom

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • what brand and model devices are you using in your home setup
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

HI, I'm a new ROKU Express 4K+ user (2 days).  I have a similar problem, at times when I'm lowering or increasing the volume using the side controls the volume goes to 100% or 0% when no figures are on the controller.  This condition also occurs at times when I increase/decrease volume pressing the volume control to increase/decease volume one level at a time.  Any suggestions?  Thanks Roger