Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjh2

Re: Help with Reboot/Shutdown Loop

similar issue here oNN TV loop:

Tried unplugging power.... Nope

Tried RESET, boots to setup, input WIFI details again, proceeds to update then stuck back in the loop.

Downloaded software to USB, booted from USB, file updated ok, then back to same loop.

anything else i can try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Sooo sorry, I have no answers only questions as well; have been questioning for "months on end" over and over and no one at Roku can help.  They are polite but unable to resolve their software issues.

Gave Roku all numbers associated with software installed on my tv and they have no fixes to date.  Read somewhere, from Roku, their software "overheats" and turns off.  Over heating is not the problem it is their software and they have no control over nor can fix.  With their great minds one would think this would be an easy solution; sadly, it's not.

I can turn my tv on for 5 minutes on a Roku channel and their software will shut everything down until I turn it on again.  Sometimes it will remain on 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.  One never knows when their software will shut down completely including tv.  I fear ordering movies and "fights" because in the midst or in the beginning Roku will shut down making me lose my hard earned money; I have no money to waste on their failed software. 

My suggestion to them was they have some sort of unknown timer installed in their software but unaware or unable to control.  I've shut off their known timer but software is continuing to be problematic and could be costly.

Received no answer since they moved my complaints, 3 to 4 months ago, up the ladder in their chain of professionals.

One day they may come up with a solution, or, until someone else comes up with a better product.  🙂

0 Kudos
Georgeann

Took stuck on set display mod

0 Kudos
Georgeann

Room activate your room player sign in/create your account this is the scream I am stuck on

0 Kudos
Georgeann

It won't let me out of this screen

0 Kudos
Georgeann

How do I fix it

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gjh2,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing this report regarding the issue you've encountered, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you tried performing a hard reset to your Roku TV to see if you're able to re-set up your Roku TV?

Please keep us posted, and we'll be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Georgeann

It's out pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information to us, and we'd be more than willing to assist. We want to know more about the issue you've encountered so we can assist further. Kindly provide the following details below:

• What specific Roku device are you having issues with?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?
  • On what screen are you stuck on? An image will be helpful.

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.