Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chagade6

ROKU sometimes ask you if you want to record when you don't want to.

ROKU sometimes drives me nuts. Every now and then, when I'm switching to another channel close to the top or bottom of the hour or right before the program start, I'm asked if I want to record the program, but don't ask if I want to get into the station now. This is a bad function since it would make you miss the beginning of the program you want to see. In order to switch the channel, you would have to wait a couple of seconds after the start of the program you want to watch before ROKU preform the switch. By that time, you probably miss the beginning of the program. This kind of thing never happen with cable TV, even through you can record on your own term. Of course there a way around this, you can go back to the home menu. But ROKU customers shouldn't have to this every time, some people like to go to the channel before the program they want top watch start. If I had a nickel for every time I switched to another channel a minute before the program start and was send to the record page instead, I would be rich.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU sometimes ask you if you want to record when you don't want to.

@chagade6, what app are you using?  Roku TVs have no provision to record other than Live TV Pause.  I assume this behavior is caused by whatever app you're using and Roku has nothing to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.