Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuznSl

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Did you get it figured out yet? I found my cord was bad…the half that goes into the wall outlet…that plugs into the plug-in adaptor.  After 3 1/2 hours I tried separating the 2 connected cords, that run from streaming stick to wall outlet and plug the streaming stick usb end into my tv’s USB port and it worked!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SuznSl

Jump to solution

This was to be a reply to Geezer260, dated Wed., 3/8.  Not sure why it’s not showing up under his issue.

See my reply, SuznSl, dated 3/12/22 and see if it helps you.  Only took me over 3 hours to get it figured out.  :). Bad power cord.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
cardbrown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Plugging everything into my TV ports didn’t help me. I have stopped trying and will be canceling my subscription. Sometimes I turn it on and it works. Most of the time it does not. It’s not worth it anymore. I’ll use the monthly saving to buy a gallon of gas. Netflix and other channels work fine on my smart TV. I’m done. Shame on you, Roku! You’ve ruined your product with your own “software updates.” 😠

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cardbrown wrote:

Plugging everything into my TV ports didn’t help me. I have stopped trying and will be canceling my subscription. It’s not worth it.

What subscription? You don't subscribe to Roku, there is no cost to own or use a Roku device, other than the initial purchase. Devices can fail, even brand new ones. I didn't search further back in this thread beyond this page, but I didn't see a post from you what your problem is specifically. Can you be more specific about your issue, and exactly what model Roku you are using?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Vanabee

Jump to solution

Thank you! Been having this problem for 4 months and factory resetting fixed it! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had this problem even though I work in pc/server support.  However, I finally realized my fix was not the router or Roku, but was a PEBCAK error.  I was typing my network password into the Roku network settings wrong the entire time (3 months).  I use a "^" character and on the Roku keyboard, this is located on the letter keypad, but I was using the similar yet smaller character on the 10-key keypad.  Smiley Frustrated

I have a two-fold reason for posting:  1.  To roast myself  2. Hopefully this will help someone

Cheers and happy Rokuing. 

TheSD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was sO hopeful that would work but alas, it did not. I hope this works for others and thank you for writing it:) I am sure it helped many.

After having my Roku for less than a year, this happened to me -signal strong, all my other devices connected w/o problem, went through all the troubleshooting - I had to buy a new Roku device.

I bought the new Roku at the end of December 2021 and now, three months later (actually, this happened two months later), I have the same problem. 

I left a vm for them today and am hoping they will reply soon and help me out; it's too late to exchange this at the store.

At this point, I'll just get an Amazon Firestick, like I have in the bedroom. 

Lasting two months? Unreal.

So annoyed and frustrated. 

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was annoyed and frustrated, too. So I picked up an Infinity Flex box.  Turns out I get even more on that than I did from the Roku. But...a month later I just checked the Roku and suddenly it works. After all the things I tried with no result, it suddenly started working on its own with me doing nothing at all. I'll just leave it in its port as a back up.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Restarting the router worked for me! Didn't have to reset anything!

0 Kudos
AngieB1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My internet suddenly disconnected from both of my rokus yesterday. I have spent over 24 hrs trying everything to reconnect. Nothing has worked. After reading all of the reviews and seeing this is an ongoing problem I just ordered 2 fire sticks on Amazon. I'm done with roku. It's so frustrating because Iiterally bought both rokus less than 3 months ago. I will post my experience everywhere I can if it means it saves someone else the aggravation and money of ever buying one. 

0 Kudos