Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcappa
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV NOT CONNECTED MESSAGE

Jump to solution

I had the Roku stick installed and everything was working fine.  (FYI - I also have 2 others in the house.)  Today I had a WIFI outage.  After the WIFI was restored, 2 of the TVs work fine, the other 1 does not.  I can turn the TV on with the ROKU remote and the main ROKU menu page comes up, but there is a "NOT CONNECTED" message in the upper right hand corner.  The ROKU remote does not work beyond turning it on and off.  I have tried removing the ROKU remote batteries and re-inserting them... no success.  I have also unplugged the ROKU stick and still no success.  I have also unplugged the power on the TV and still nothing.  I know the WIFI is up and running, but somehow this one TV lost the ability to connect to it.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kcappa
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV NOT CONNECTED MESSAGE

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  I eventually got the TV working - I pressed the reset button on the ROKU stick (after all of the other attempts) and that seemed to resolve the issue.  Thanks for reaching out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You said you unplugged the stick, but does that include unplugging the power to the stick?  What's the model number of your stick written on it somewhere?  Is it one that uses a special USB cable with a "bump" in the cable?  If so, that's the Wi-Fi (and remote) receiver.  It won't work without that cable.  The power button on the remote is strictly for the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
kcappa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  I eventually got the TV working - I pressed the reset button on the ROKU stick (after all of the other attempts) and that seemed to resolve the issue.  Thanks for reaching out.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.