Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdBethesda

ROKU PRO TV FRAME PICTURES FOR ARTWORK

Jump to solution

Looking for more information on the new Pro TV which has similar features to Samsung Frame.  It mentions the 'Fine Art' mode which shows artwork on screen.  Is this time activated, motion activated?  ie can it run only when someone is in room?  Can it run for a set period of time?  Does it automatically go on when you turn the set off?  Can't find any detailed information as the product is new.  The Frame is an interesting concept, and the Roku features and price point could make it a strong competitor.  Trying to learn more.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU PRO TV FRAME PICTURES FOR ARTWORK

Jump to solution

I found this on Best Buy:

"Hello! While the 2024 Pro Series TVs do not include motion sensors, you'll still be able to program how and when TV artwork is displayed with a variety of customizable settings. We're excited to announce that Backdrops (Roku's name for Art mode) will start rolling out to Roku TVs and players in summer 2024. Happy Streaming!

Answered by Roku Team 1 week ago"

I couldn't find many specifics about "Backdrops" on any Roku page, but I did find this:

"The Backdrops app will be pre-installed on users' devices and is accessible through the home screen app grid."

It sounds like it's just another app, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't set it as a screensaver.  It may be too new for any of the moderators here to know anything about.  It's not clear to me how it's significantly different than Photo Streams, but I'd like to see those "customizable settings".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU PRO TV FRAME PICTURES FOR ARTWORK

Jump to solution

I found this on Best Buy:

"Hello! While the 2024 Pro Series TVs do not include motion sensors, you'll still be able to program how and when TV artwork is displayed with a variety of customizable settings. We're excited to announce that Backdrops (Roku's name for Art mode) will start rolling out to Roku TVs and players in summer 2024. Happy Streaming!

Answered by Roku Team 1 week ago"

I couldn't find many specifics about "Backdrops" on any Roku page, but I did find this:

"The Backdrops app will be pre-installed on users' devices and is accessible through the home screen app grid."

It sounds like it's just another app, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't set it as a screensaver.  It may be too new for any of the moderators here to know anything about.  It's not clear to me how it's significantly different than Photo Streams, but I'd like to see those "customizable settings".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.