Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toshigama

Questions about Roku TVs ( Roku )

I am going to be adding a TV during a remodeling and am considering a Roku TV but have a few simple questions.

1. We will be watching it with Tivo 90% of the time, so when we turn on the TV, will it start on the last input (Tivo on HDMI) or will it start on the Tivo menu and we will need to select the HDMI input each time we turn the TV on?

2. If it does start with the last input (and so there is no need to select a device) does it take the full Roku system start or does it jump right into the HDMI as quickly as a normal TV would do.

Based on the fact that we only do ~10% of our viewing via streaming at this point, I am concerned that a Roku TV will be too kludgy if every time we turn it on we have to jump around with selections instead of starting it up right in the current TV feed.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Questions about Roku TVs ( Roku )

1.  There's a setting for which input it selects when it's powered on.  One of the choices is "Last TV input" or something to that effect.  I assume when you said, "will it start on the Tivo menu", you really meant will it start on the Roku menu.

2.  It powers on pretty quickly (it doesn't do a complete reboot).  There's also an option for "Fast TV start" that keeps more things always powered up.  I haven't found a need for it.

You could probably try turning one off and on in a store, although those TVs are probably set up for demo/store mode so it may not be an accurate representation of what happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Questions about Roku TVs ( Roku )

@toshigama You can set the TV to start on a given HDMI input such as the HDMI input with the Tivo attached.  I have an elderly friend that uses a TCL Roku TV to watch Spectrum cable.  He turns the TV on with the cable box remote and it takes him directly to the cable channel he was watching last.  Response time is great, same as an LG TV he has in another room.   

0 Kudos