Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maysobano

Question about connecting TCL Roku TV audio to play through computer headphones

So I did some research and I can't seem to find any info about anything on my situation, which is weird and I feel like I might be missing something in that regard.

Basically I got the Roku TV set up to function a second monitor to my main desktop computer through an HDMI cord (connected to the ARC HDMI 1 slot on the TV), simple enough. However, I can't seem to find the option to play the audio that is generated from the Roku TV (i.e., streamed movies, etc...) through the headphones that I have connected to my computer. Which is strange considering that the TV itself shows up in the playback devices menu on my PC. So that's not "private listening" but actually just listening to the sound from the TV through the headphones that are connected to my computer.

I've seen that you can connect soundbars and etc. through CEC, and I enabled both ARC and system audio control like the tutorials for the soundbar have said, but there is still no audio playback coming from my headphones and it plays from the TV.

So is this even a feature that Roku provides or am I just missing something stupidly obvious?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Question about connecting TCL Roku TV audio to play through computer headphones

Hi @maysobano 

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community.

We understand your confusion with private listening with your TCL Roku TV through computer headphones.

Private listening is a feature that lets you listen to the sound from your Roku® streaming device through a pair of headphones. The feature is available on Roku voice remotes with a headphone jack on Roku devices with Bluetooth® built-in or via the free Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android™, which allows you to privately listen to your TV from your mobile device. Here's how: How to resolve an issue with private listening

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos