Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Purple Recovery mode screen on Roku TV

Ok so i tried what you said and it worked.  Although i couldnt find a power button on my tv, i unplugged it for like 30 mins and then plugged it back in spamming the home button then after about 20 secs pushed power button and it went to home page.  It worked for a few minutes then went back to recovery mode.  So the power button is underneath the TCL logo on your tv.  You have to feel around.  Do these steps i have here then once you reach the home page go to settings and find factory reset.  I had to reset my tv i dont know for how long this will work but it worked for now.  Let me know if this works for you.  God Bless

Jclark1

This conversation never tell how the problem was fixed

Kres82
Reel Rookie

Mine never was i submitted a claim to tcl on Aug 28th that is still being reviewed for a refund. Meanwhile I went and got a Samsung 

patrycecooley
Channel Surfer

Well actually it stated things that may or may not work with your tv. I Also stated how “my” problem was fixed so 🤷🏽‍♀️... but be Blessed ! 

0 Kudos
stinki

LOL what is "spamming the home button"?? Uhh...

The power button is different places depending on what TV you have.

Holding the buttons down on the TV and leaving unplugged is a factory reset.

This allows the electrical charge to dissipate from critical components inside the TV such as capacitors, which can hold a charge for a long time. Holding a charge is part of how digital signals are sent between the components of the TV and is why letting the charge dissipate can help resolve an issue.

Doing another factory reset in the menu on the TV is redundant.

stinki

No offense but it would help if people providing answers had some vague knowledge of how electronics actually work. It's not just some random "maybe it works maybe it doesn't" topic, and nobody needs religious blessings to fix their TV.

Roku TV's are made by many different manufacturers. They aren't made by Roku. I have one made by TCL. There are various "hard reset" procedures depending on the manufacturer. Obviously the power button is in different places depending which brand and model you have.

Most hard reset procedures involve some variation of holding down the power button in combination with other buttons while turning on the TV.

If a hard reset doesn't work, you have defective hardware in your TV -- the operating system on the motherboard isn't functioning correctly.

I would strongly recommend against buying replacement parts for TV's unless you are an expert on troubleshooting electronics. A failed motherboard could just be the result of a bad component elsewhere and the cost of these parts will quickly surpass the cost of a new TV. Circuits are an interconnected system, the signal flows like water -- a problem in the power supply can manifest itself somewhere physically distant in the circuitry.

0 Kudos
patrycecooley
Channel Surfer

First of all this is clearly a site for people to find ways that “may” work for their tv...  obviously we’re all here for the same reason cause something with the TVs went wrong, correct or nah??? and if your not thennnn why are you even here ?? If what me and other ppl have posted doesn’t work for your tv then simply move on and figure it out on your own now again to you too HAVE A BLESSED DAY !! 

0 Kudos
Luiis1028

That’s how my tv has been for the past 4 days and nothing works do you have any idea how to fix it yet?

0 Kudos
Kellzbelz

Same thing happened here.  The first time I had to actually reset the whole TV, add all my info for every streaming platform, etc. It worked fine for a while then a few hours later turned itself off and came back with recovery screen. Tried the same stuff over again,  still had recovery screen.  While I was searching for answers online it turned off/on again by itself and everything was normal. Why is it doing this? 

0 Kudos
UNIQUE1CLIFF
Channel Surfer

Every one I figured it out please share this and I have other informative videos on my YouTube Channel please subscribe I'm LEGIT fr yall https://youtu.be/mb0WsncH4K4

0 Kudos