Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRae99
Binge Watcher

Problem adding Ultra to an existing Roku TV

I just added a Roku 2022 Ultra to a 2018 TCL roku tv (I hoped that it would be less sluggish since the Ultra has more ram), and now I'm stuck in the streaming box hdmi input that I attached the Ultra to, and can't get back to the Roku TV home screen.  The  roku settings for the Ultra do not have a setting that allows you to change inputs, or to specify which input automatically starts when you power off and on, which is available when you are in the main Roku TV home screen.  Any ideas how to get back to the main TV input? 

Maybe I should have set it up differently - I connected the Ultra to the TV via hdmi, and the Ultra to the modem via ethernet (I kept an ethernet connection between the TV and the modem also).  Maybe I should have just kept the ethernet going directly to the TV, and then connected the Ultra to the TV via hdmi?  I was afraid if I did that, that the remotes (the new voice pro remotes) would not control both the TV home screen and the Ultra.  And that I would have another click to go to the "streaming box" input from the TV home screen.

By the way, the Ultra did dramatically improve the lag of the streaming channels.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
KRae99
Binge Watcher

Re: Problem adding Ultra to an existing Roku TV

I found somewhat of a workaround.  Luckily, I didn't pair one remote pro to the new Ultra, left it paired to the TV.  So if I use that, and hit the back button, it goes to the TV home screen input.  However, if I push any more buttons, the roku screen becomes about 1/5 of my total tv screen 🙂  To get back to the Ultra, I just power the tv off and on again. I guess I'll live with that 🙂  Still not sure I understand... 🙂

0 Kudos