Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

I unplugged my Roku tv for 20 seconds and plugged back in. That resolve the issue for now. It is kind of annoying doing this but, that seems to be the only solution until Roku works the issue at their end. 

0 Kudos
eman2021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm at the point where I think there needs to be some legal intervention. I'm not paying $400-$500 dollars for a television. that can't play Netflix or Prime.

You simply can't advertise that these apps work with your OS and they don't. It's deceptive.

The clearing the cache stuff is a just a temporary workaround. These TVs probably only have 1 GB of memory, maybe less, and they can't handle the latest Netflix or Prime apps properly.

Anyway, I've given up on the TCL Roku TV working correctly and I am using a Roku Premiere to stream Netflix and Prime.  

I've asked repeatedly for help from @RokuSupport on Twitter and they just never respond. I've even contacted the CEO, Anthony Wood, at @rokuone, all to no avail.

Needless to say, I'm never buying a Roku television again.

Eve1748

Jump to solution

Thank you this worked for me 

Free2be

Jump to solution

I never had issue with Prime but my Netflix has but crashing for months, I keep checking the updates I literally have eto open it on my phone or ipad, fhen play the video via streaming to the tv for it to stop, This is  tooooo much !

0 Kudos
KatGirl
Streaming Star

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I'm having a problem with Netflix. I was trying to watch the first episode of a documentary, and it went back to the home page. And after three times, when I did try watching episode #1, the sound went off, so I went to the episode's beginning. I hope this problem can be fixed. Oh and my Roku is a 43" Hisense.

0 Kudos
ruready
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Follow-up: Unplugging the TV did work, but issue occurred again in two weeks. Had to unplug TV again for about a minute. They need to fix this. 

Mom2boyz75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t even have that option to pick an app under advanced network settings. 

0 Kudos
romi78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you updated Roku?

0 Kudos
Mom2boyz75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Everytime I hit home button, yeah. sigh