Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lexed

Power consumption of Roku express when TV is off?

Hello there! I just bought a Roku express and I was wondering if anybody knows how much it would consume if the TV is off (powered from external socket). I managed to find online that when streaming it consumes allegedly 2.2 W (I mean not really bad), but I was wondering if anybody knows how much it would consume when the TV is off. Like, if I turn the tv off via the roku I guess it would go into some sort of standby mode while the tv is in standby, does anybody know the power consumption in this state?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Power consumption of Roku express when TV is off?

By default, Roku's go into a power save mode after about 20 minutes. Not sure if there is some website or YouTube video of someone using something like a Kill A Watt to measure usage. Outside of the old Roku 4, the difference between power on and standby is probably rather minimal.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.