Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noah144
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn roku tv - no volume on any channel

Jump to solution

Onn Roku tv 65”

roku tv C252X

onn model 100021261

software version 9.4.0 build 4187-CE

device ID S04HF082M0F5

this issue occurs randomly when watching any app. The TV sound goes completely out. Just installed it 11/9/20. 

AngeryONNbuyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok y’all so what worked for me on my tv was changing the settings on the fast turn on. And disabled it. Since I did that no issues with lost sound settings>system>power>Fast TV Start>Dissabled

Vc123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Replying to Danny @ Roku...The issue is simple. It’s been explained many multiple times on this thread and others. The onn  Roku TV suddenly loses all audio. Period.  If the TV is unplugged and plugged back in, the audio returns. In my instance, that happened once after having the TV for two weeks. It’s been another month now, and so far it hasn’t happened again.

The other connected issues are;

1) the audio may start to get crackly for a while just before the audio goes completely out.

2) the audio on the TV is tinny and unappealing from the moment it’s taken out of the box and turned on the first time.

The onn Roku TV works great in all ways except the audio, which clearly has issues.

0 Kudos
Vc123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I saw on another thread an onn tech said that can happen if there’s interference from another piece of electronics too close to the TV. In my opinion, we shouldn’t have to worry about other electronics nearby if that’s not an issue for all TV brands, but it’s just another small bit of info that may help.

0 Kudos
Jamilynbrand
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That isn't my case. It happens every few minutes. I have to unplug and plug it back in every 5-10 minutes. That's why i took it down and put my old one back up

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This all sounds like a software glitch to me. All we can do is wait and hope for a good update.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This really does work! My TV would have no sound whenever connected to wifi. Tried this and it worked. Thank you 

0 Kudos
John_Pence

Jump to solution

ROKU/ONN/TCL it appears this is affecting multiple models/sizes if you are reading this I know how to temporarily fix this and maybe that will help you fix it , possibly with a software update ??? 

I purchased an ONN 50" ROKU TV from Walmart and right out of the box everytime I turn it off I lose all sound on every input, even menu navigation sounds  , turning it off and back on again does not help. Unplugging the tv does restore sound . But the only way I can turn my tv off and back on is to go to settings/system/power/ Fast TV Start and disable it. So far it seems to have sound after cycling power on the tv. But with this enabled I lose all sound. And this is on a TV with less than 2 hours of usage. And it appears I am not the only one.

Roku TV C250X

Onn. Model 100021258

Serial Number X00100ERRNJP

Software version 9.4.0 build 4190-CE

Need to know if I should return this thing before it is too late and I can't anymore.

oniricj

Jump to solution

It work for me. I was about to return it.

0 Kudos
Richard263
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Let the company know the trouble your having. that way they can work on improving the tv for us there not a bad tv every company starts off with problems here and there its the letting them know what wrong that  helps them target that area and improve it and fix it am happy with my tv