Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisco
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

Sorry but I've lost my patience, dammit! I bought two of these ONN 42" models!!!!! DO YOUR JOB

MandySherrard
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  

I followed the instructions that you posted and initiated a software update. Previously, I would experience the “crash” 5-6 times over the course of 2-4 hour period. After the update, I still experience the crash at least 2 times in a viewing period. There has been an improvement, but it is definitely not fixed.

0 Kudos
Blessed1s

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I have the same issue. Tried removing channel, restart TV, & add channel back in. System & channels are up-to-date. Tried factory reset. All with no luck. 

Roku device model is D803X
-serial number is X007003XFCD5
-device ID is S06F407XFCD5
-software OS/version is 9.4.0 build 4200-C4

This has happened on Philo (1.34 build 9), Prime (11.4 build 2020092816), Starz (3.13 build 14) YouTube (1.0 build 93000110), Tubi (2.14 build 5) & Netflix (5.2 build 98088414)

Issue ID D5-521-806

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Blessed1s 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
llredll

Jump to solution

We are having the same issues with our Onn Roku TV that we purchased from Walmart during their black Friday event. We have tried resetting it, resetting the network connection, and the software is up to date. 

We're thinking it must be something with the Roku, since it never crashes when we use the PS4.

We have another roku smart TV and it works great - never freezes/ crashes.

Has anyone tried returning it to Walmart or Onn?

Jharvey

Jump to solution

I purchased the same Walmart deal (42” $88) and I’m still having issues with it booting me out of every app even after I have reinstalled them, it’s very irritating. 
tv: D803X

serial: X0070056J7TR

software: 9.4.0 build 4200-C4

device: S06F4096J7TR

0 Kudos
Leah00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, I really wish I would have found this thread before I spent hours getting our new TV all set up on the wall today. 
I watched maybe 30 minutes of Netflix and now nothing will work. I’ve tried Hulu, Disney, and Amazon and it plays for MAYBE 60 seconds and then crashes. 
I’m seriously so upset. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jharvey 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Vz610

Jump to solution

We're having the same issue with a 42" Onn Roku TV bought on Black Friday online deal. We've just now gotten one hooked up and the apps are crashing out like everyone else's. I've manually checked for updates etc and the it appears this issue is still unresolved. Are they by chance going to release a fix for these specific Tvs or what? Why is it these Tvs that are having the issue since other Roku devices don't seem to be affected...? 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Vz610 wrote:

We're having the same issue with a 42" Onn Roku TV bought on Black Friday online deal. We've just now gotten one hooked up and the apps are crashing out like everyone else's. I've manually checked for updates etc and the it appears this issue is still unresolved. Are they by chance going to release a fix for these specific Tvs or what? Why is it these Tvs that are having the issue since other Roku devices don't seem to be affected...? 

Maybe someone will have something encouraging to tell you. But, I would be returning it while I can. Even if a fix ever does arrive, what you're experiencing could happen again any time. Roku doesn't really take these things seriously. They count on people accepting it. Maybe look at a Sony with Android. That's supposed to be a strong contender with Roku's functionality. Maybe any tv with a standalone, external Roku device (like the Ultra) which wouldn't be subject to the vagueries of the tv manufacturer blaming a problem on Roku -- and Roku blaming the tv manufacturer. This combination (Roku embedded in someone else's hardware) seems like bad mojo. I've got a feeling Roku can't test all that variation in hardware. The end result is like a racket. You buy into something nobody's truly responsible for (after Roku pushes an update out).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.