Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noob99999
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

I admittedly scanned the thread, and got the impression Roku was working on it.  They clearly aren't, or are dragging their feet.  I don't know what to suggest, but being a pain in their rear.

We moved right about the time they did this update, so let's just say worst possible timing (and I didn't know it was a Roku bug until I found this thread).

0 Kudos
FishTank
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't get a pass on this issue.  Their software development staff has the luxury of working from home these days. They should be demonstrating the efficiency of that work set up, not giving Management the reason for making staff go "back to the office" for optimal productivity.  This is a bug that can be fixed in short-order.  Roku management is asleep at the switch and the development staff has taken advantage of the pandemic situation when they could have demonstrated a paradigm change for the better.  The impact of people who have purchased new Roku TVs over the holidays and tryit to figure out optimal antenna placements has created an unecessarry level of frustration during peak time for live TV watching.  Roku doesn't get a pass here.

WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just concluded a chat with Kevin at Roku. He wanted serial numbers of all three sets from three different manufacturers of sets I own. He then wanted me to go to systems and check update to load latest software. I have done that repeatedly and have the latest update 10.5. I told him to read the Roku Community message board from countless people owning various brands and realize it is a software issue not an issue from various manufacturers. I fear Roku engineering and management are tone deaf to a problem of their making. Chat is useless and their is no way I know of to talk to a real person with common sense. Roku needs to wake up and FIX IT.

noob99999
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Don't give up.  Like I always say, there are many agents at these companies, and half of them don't know their own rules, are improperly trained, or simply don't care.

We need to find an agent that takes it seriously, reads the thread, gets a competant engineering lead on it - that intends to fix it, not punt it.

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Agreed.  I started the thread 2 months ago and still Roku hasn't fix this.

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Agreed, with all the  Manufacturers using the Roku OS for there Smart TV'S, you would think the Roku would fix the issue. 

ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Chromecast with Google TV, ( Android OS ) is having problems on a lot of  Manufacturers TVs. Best Buy stop saling TV'S from TCL with Android in them for a time do to poor  Performance.

0 Kudos
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You would think, but corporate minds operate differently than those of the consumer. If I was a set manufacturer, I would be telling them fix it because they are tired of getting technical complaints about a  problem they can’t fix but Roku can. But what do I know? I am only the consumer using the product.

0 Kudos
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Chromecast with Google TV, ( Android OS ) is having problems on a lot of  Manufacturers TVs. Best Buy stop saling TV'S from TCL with Android in them for a time do to poor  Performance. It's not the TV  Manufacturers, It's the software engineers for roku and chromecast that's having a mental breakdown. I will still buy a TCL TV do to they are the best ones out on a  Budget. 

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

TG, it's hard to know what their software release cycle is. I do know from decades in software engineering that these niggling bugs are indicative of much more extensive bugs, so I'm trying to give them a bit of time to do better testing before tossing it in production. With the numerous myriad TV sets (e.g. platforms) hosting the Roku code, it has to be a challenge to regression test every platform. I'd sign up to be an in-the-wild alpha tester if they would make such a program to expand testing.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos