Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

My ota meter strength bars have been stuck at one since the latest update on Dec. 16 2021 on my TCL Roku tv. After reading about others success in getting their ota strength meters to work I decided to check my software version which had not changed from 10.5.0 Build 4210. 

I decided to manually update not expecting anything to change but, viola the meter starting working again! This was just a few minutes ago. Their is a very short lag going from one to a higher number of bars. Give it a try and let's put this issue to rest.

By the way, the software version and build number on my tv remained the same after the manual update and last update continues to show Dec. 16 2021. The last checked time shows Jan 5th 8:40 pm when I manually updated. There was an automated check done at an earlier time today so maybe the current software was fixed without replacing it with a newer version. This is why you would have to manually update to correct the problem.

0 Kudos
WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

I am thrilled that you had an update that resolved the problem for you. However, I just did a system update on my TCL and other than updating a few steaming channels, the OTA still sits at one bar. In other words no change. I will keep checking updates but I am not optimistic. 😥

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

WallyB47

Hope it works out for you. 

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

When I manually updated this evening on my TCL, I didn't get any messages after the update except one saying I had the latest version which was the existing version, but I had the same success as you once I started surfing live tv and noticed the meter working. Thanks for letting us know.  

0 Kudos
mheebs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense and tried doing manual update and still get 1 bar. It updated a few apps but still no luck.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Regarding Hisense and other non TCL tvs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems only TCL sets have had success with manually updating to regain meter functionality according to the recent posts here. 

Here's another wrinkle though. If I turn off or disconnect power to my TCL set, I will lose the functionality of the meters and have to manually check for updates again to regain. Same thing if I lose the internet connection. And I'm assuming this may also happen with an automatic check for updates. Time will tell.

0 Kudos
wjtaggart
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a tcl as well, 65r615. I have never regained bar display following the 10.5 update. 

WallyB47
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a TCL and it does not manually update and the bar is stuck at one. Below is a response from Roku:

Roku

CS/CH-Kevin Samson Antony, Jan 6, 2022, 9:28 PST:

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. 

This is believed to only be a UI issue however your actual signal strength should not be impacted. However, we are working on a fix and we do not have a time frame to provide on when this will be resolved however you should continue to check back when a newer software update is released.

Thank you for choosing Roku.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Roku Customer Support

Roku Blog
Roku Facebook Link LogoRoku Twitter Link LogoRoku YouTube Link Logo

Shop now   |       Support   |   Privacy policy
© 2021 Roku, Inc. All rights reserved. ROKU, the ROKU Logo, ROKU TV, ROKU POWERED, "Streaming Stick," "HAPPY STREAMING" and "NOW THIS IS TV" are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the United States.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Can you force an update check?

Settings/system/system update/check now.

0 Kudos
Wmk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wally.  My TCL says your tv checks for software and channel updates automatically once per day. You can also manually check for updates. And has a bar saying Check Now. This is on the system update page. Settings/System/System Update.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.