Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kittenkitty1228
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

It is the whole tv. It won’t play sound on the menu screen or the apps. There is absolutely no sound. I already said it is a Hisense Roku TV so it’s not an external device. It is all together as one. There are no cords and I have only had this tv for 2 years. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @Kittenkitty1228.

May we ask if the issue also happens with your other device? Also, would you mind providing us with the device ID of this TV and the current OS?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kittenkitty1228
Reel Rookie

Sure! Thanks for taking the time to try to help. 
Device ID: 3G612L191848

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kittenkitty1228,

Thanks for providing these details here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the audio on your Hisense Roku TV. Since the whole TV won’t play sound on the menu screen or the apps and the issue persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps, we highly suggest you contact the Hisense TV customer support team to report the issue and get help. In this case, there might be an issue with the audio of the whole TV that may need to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheKirin

Re: No sound unless I power cycle TV

What a terrible initial response from Roku. Do you hire high schoolers to run your tech support? You're supposed to gather information from the customer's opening statement BEFORE you begin troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.