Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveCr
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku Streambar - wired ethernet port?

Jump to solution

Hi.

Just bought a UGreen USB 2.0 to RJ45, that has the AX88772 chipset. This works fine. Just plugged it in and Network under Settings showed a choice of Wired or Wireless. Clicked on Wired to select. A little bit of a shame that you can't fix the IP address but it all works nonetheless.

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
SteveCr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

UGreen part number is 20253.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I was really hoping to avoid using an adapter but if it works well, then I will try it.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Would a Gigabit adapter work?

0 Kudos
Enelsonmo

Jump to solution

Not according to their support page. I used one of the recommended 10/100 adapters and that works fine. I get download speeds of 90 Mbps with the adaptor. It would have been nice to be able to use a 10/100/1000 adaptor but it does not work.

gpn005

Jump to solution

Why don't you support gigabit ethernet adapters? It's 2021! Are you that cheap your hardware won't support faster adapters? I can understand on a stick due to limited space and power but this is a large devices not relying on USB power. At least add WiFi 6 chips to your devices. Don't become Apple and sell old devices like they're modern.

stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. I pay for a 1Gig Internet connection but the best I can get with the adapter or the wifi on my sound bar is 80-92 Mbs.

0 Kudos
lwatterworth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"Find an adapter that has an AX8817X or SMSC95XX"

Then includes a link to the pluggable USB 2.0, which has an AX88772 chipset, which does not work.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is terrible. The streambar should include an ethernet port. I pay for 1gig internet but the best this can get is under 100Mb

0 Kudos
Tirebiter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Absolutely ridiculous that the Streambar doesn't have it's own Wired Ethernet connection like the Premier or Ultra. Fire those engineers.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.