Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunpetaleq

New 55" Roku TV. Blackscreen when streaming on any channel/app. Replace TV?

I have a Roku TCL TV bought 3 weeks ago. It has worked great but today no matter which streaming app I use I can search through menu but when when I select a show to watch screen goes black. If I use fast-forward I can see thumbnails but no main picture, no sound. Using wifi, no devices connected. I can see menu and change from hulu to YouTube black screen only after show selected to play.  Checked for software updates. Unplugging did  solve the issue for a day but it has just happened again. Is this a sign that the TV is faulty and I should replace before 30 days is up, or is it a known issue with a known fix (other than unugging when it happens)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New 55" Roku TV. Blackscreen when streaming on any channel/app. Replace TV?

Hi, @Sunpetaleq 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered while streaming any app on your Roku TV, and we understand how this issue affects your experience. We'd be happy to help to resolve this. From here, we'd recommend performing a system restart as a troubleshooting step. To do this, please be guided on the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

We hope this works and if there's anything we can do to assist you further, let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos