Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abertolli
Channel Surfer

Need help with Game Mode popup menu onn. TV

I've seen a few other posts that are somewhat similar, but I couldn't find anything that matched what I've been experiencing.

I have the onn. 55" 4K UHD HDR10 ROKU TV.

On HDMI1 (ARC) I have a Nintendo Switch hooked up.  Whenever playing, every so often it pops up a window that takes the bottom 3rd or 4th of the screen for 15 seconds saying that that game mode is on, or will be turned on.  (It's actually a little vague.). It will do this every so often, every few minutes, but not sure if the timing is consistent.

Here is what I've tried:
* Turning off "Auto" in the video settings
* Turning off any of the settings that allow devices to turn off the TV or vice versa
* Turn off the game mode settings explicitly on the HDMI1 input with the device.  (This setting does persist and even if the popup occurs, it's still off.)
* Turn ON game mode, hoping that it will not pop up anymore.

Nothing works.  It's really the only annoying thing about this TV, which otherwise has been great.

The only thing I have yet to try is to just reset the whole thing and start over, hoping it clears whatever is going on.  If anyone has had this experience or knows anything about it, please let me know.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.