Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My windows 11 laptop won't screen mirror to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a brand new Asus A15 RTX-based laptop that refuses to connect to my Roku Ultra.  Much like other posters have said, the progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way then it just quits. On the laptop side the first time I try to connect as a wireless display, Windows 11 UI sometimes will give me an option to select what to do with the display (duplicate, extend, etc) but ultimately the connection is dropped either as I am making a selection or just as I notice the UI change and go to make a selection. I have tried a multitude of troubleshooting steps including:

• Using a 2.4 vs 5 ghz network off my router
  • Ensuring the network is private
  • I have turned off Windows firewall
  • I have disabled windows defender (I have no other AV on the system)
  • I have rebooted both devices multiple times.
  • All patches and hardware drivers are up to date

I have confirmed a 2 y.o. Lenovo can screen share just fine with this particular roku, and that laptop runs windows 11, but it is not a wifi 6 laptop as this Asus is. Is there an issue with laptops that use wifi 6 trying to screenshare with rokus like this?  Is there anything I missed I could try to try to make this work. Was really hoping to screencast from this laptop and really frustrating that it can't.

ilikeballs

Re: My windows 11 laptop won't screen mirror to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

balls

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.