Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LionelMan

Must stop Roku auto updates!

Users should always be able to choose time to update.  ALWAYS.  Worse, if WiFi is bad or no internet connection for some reason (I am in WNC where Internet was out for almost 2 weeks you have NO TV functionality unless factory reset).  Ever think of those situations programmers?  Heres a little education for you.

I actually own my TV not you.  As such, you don't force updates or prevent TV from working.   I will contact OEM on TV and either ask for a return or tell others on their website that when they sell you a TV you just rent it from Roku.  Get it?!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Lady_liberty
Channel Surfer

Re: Must stop Roku auto updates!

Seconded 1 million percent!!!!

0 Kudos
Lady_liberty
Channel Surfer

Re: Must stop Roku auto updates!

Updates are also forced so they can purposely break your TV over clocking key functions to cook power supply. 

Happened to me and I gave up, I then tried using TV somewhere without Internet, only antenna TV. Surprise surprise it worked fine. Brought back to original location without connecting Internet (to Roku operating system at least) and still worked. Bought an external streaming device, and plugged it into HDMI port. Connected only the device to Internet and now I stream just fine through that. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.